Monday 26 September 2011

Plymouth NPS


My latest race was the final National Mountain Bike round at the weekend which was being held way down south in Plymouth. It would usually be a long drive but luckily enough this time we had sorted it so that I was able to fly down which was rather good news. So we flew down early on Friday morning and arrived there about mid day so that we could do a couple of laps of the course, the course was new with lots of natural sections and quite hilly. Then on Saturday morning I got up early as the fellow people I was staying with were racing early in the morning and I travelled with them to the course and chilled out for a couple of hours watching them race before I got ready for my race. My race was 4 laps round the course which was now rather technical as it had rained and people had been round before my race so had turned slippy. Any way we lined up ready to race and waited for them to blow the whistle. Then off we went and I started quite hard and got to the front to avoid any trouble in the first section of single-track and after the first lap I found myself with a nice lead so from there on in I went at my own pace and built up a good lead and finished the race in first. It was an extra good weekend as I had won the race and the overall series winning four out of the four rounds so a very nice way to end my season.


It has been a very good year for me and I have learnt a lot, now it’s time chill out and have some time off before dabbling in some cross towards the end of the year. I would like to give a huge thank you to everyone that has helped me out and supported me this year especially my Family, Coach Phil Dixon, Friends, Boardman Bikes, Mount Zoom Products, Braveheart cycling fund, Bank of Scotland Local Heroes, Squirt Lube and everybody that has cheered me on and given me support throughout the year.
Cheers
Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment