Thursday 7 June 2012

Nove Mesto/La Bresse World Cups.

It has been a busy couple of weeks with plenty of different races going on. First of I had the third round of the World Cup series in Nove Mesto, Czech Republic. It was a good course with lots of short hard climbs and rooty technical sections. The race here did not go well for me, I had a good start and came round the start loop in the top 10 but then unfortunatly went backwards through the race, I couldn't really explain what was up with my performance because I went into the race fit and healthy but I just couldnt respond during the race when people came past me and ended up finishing well down in 65th.

A week later I headed to La Bresse in France for the forth round of the World Cup series. The course here was a different ball game with one major climb to the top of a hill followed by a fast old school decent back to the bottem. I started a bit slower this time and came through safely after the start loop in 28th then tried to work my way through the field, by the 4th lap I had got to 18th but then drifted back in the last lap and finished in 25th which I was quite pleased with after the previous result the week before.

photo thanks to Rockyroads.net
Thanks Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment