Wednesday 15 June 2011

Wasing BMBS

I had the third round of the national mtb series at the weekend at Wasing park near London. We travelled down on friday which was a long journey and then stayed nearby so we could have a long lie on the Saturday morning. On the Saturday I pre rode three laps of the course which I had never rode before and it was relativly flat and non technical, I didnt mind this though as it was a change compared to the hilly races. Then after a good nights sleep on saturday we arrived at the race early so that my sister could race in the junior female, she also did very well and finished 1st junior which is awesomee! The course had changed a lot overnight due to heavy rain and it was now very slippy. The race started and was not too fast for the first couple of laps with a group forming of about 4 of us, I crashed first lap due to some silly mistakes in the mud but I caught back up. After three laps I attacked on a slight climb and managed to get a small gap over the rest of the group which eventully split up and I held off to the finish and joined my sister on the top step of the podium. So a very good day for the Ferguson family. I was also recently awarded athlete of the month from the youth commenwealth games which I was very pleased about and I have attached the report on that, aswel as some pics of Wasing. I am now in the basque country for the next month to race some road.

.http://www.cgcs.org.uk/news-and-media/latest-news/2011/youth-games-athlete-of-the-month-ferguson-on-the-road-to-success/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grant,
    Just wondering if you'd be interested in a quick telephone interview for my website and podcast, In the Saddle (www.inthesaddle.org.uk).
    It'd be great to be able to have a quick chat with you about your rideing experiences, how the years going for you, how you got into riding, and looking to the future, especially with 2012 in mind.
    It would be great to hear back from you about this when you get in touch. You can contact me through the website, or on inthesaddle1@live.com.
    Cheers,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete